Last Updated: August 10, 2021
Chewie was surrendered due to the owner's young daughter who became so highly allergic to him that she wound up in the hospital with hives and a swollen throat. Chewie had come from a backyard breeder who "specialized" in "Cowboy Corgis" which are a mixed dog of Pembroke Corgi and heelers. The family contacted rescue as they refused to take him back to "that awful place". Chewie required to be neutered - he was a cryptorchid neuter, he needed routine lab work and checking for valley fever, tick fever, heartworm, parasites. Chewie is working on his potty training and will soon be looking for his forever home.