Last Updated: August 06, 2017
Here is Barry's story, in the words of his rescuer:
"Barry was found by a citizen and taken to a local shelter around July 4. He stayed his stray hold and at the last possible minute his owner came home from vacation and discovered her dog missing. He had been tied outside by the owner's parents and apparently got frightened by the fireworks. She reclaimed him, but shortly thereafter realized that she really wasn't providing him with the best care and brought him to us.
"He is extreme underweight. Shortly after he arrived in rescue he started vomiting blood and became lethargic and cold to the touch. He required medical support and stayed at the vet clinic for several days. No cause was determined or diagnosis made (possible toxin ingestion), but he made a full recovery and we placed him for adoption shortly thereafter."
CorgiAid supporters helped Barry get the medical care he needed to deal with his emergency. He is feeling so much better now. Thank you!
Barry was rescued in Oklahoma.